For trees and shrubs to live a healthy and long life, it requires human assistance from time to time. Growing in an urban environment, trees and shrubs need pruning to develop a durable structure, upkeep their aesthetics and improve their clearance. Plus, pruning also exhibits their most desirable attribute and allows them to look neat and clean for longer periods.
Example- Numerous spring-flowering plants such as Strawberry Bush, Weigela, Viburnums And Spirea and Summer-flowering plants such as Hibiscus, Crape Myth and Roses benefit immensely from adequate pruning.
Perks Of Pruning- An In-Depth Coverage!
- “Pruning helps get rid of unwanted parts of plants which are diseased, dying or already dead.” This matters because the presence of dead or dying stubs on a tree or shrub makes an entry point for pests and diseases and eventually spread to the rest of the plant.
- “It deters pests and animal infestation. Your properly plants house a variety of worms, pests and insects inside.” While some eat the foliage, others suck the sap from other surrounding plants. The more they feed, the weaker the plant becomes. Plus it also spread diseases endangering their health.
The worst part is, some of these pests may even crawl into your home. All of this can be prevented with proper pruning.
- “Appropriate Pruning lessens the amount of wood on the plant thus making more energy available to develop healthy-looking flowers.” If you prune your plants and shrubs timely and adequately, it will enhance the no. of young shoots that yields vibrant flowers.
In short, appropriate pruning encourages the growth of young stems and makes your landscape garden more attractive.
- “Proper pruning lessens the risk of storm damages and safeguards your family and property from broken branches.” With overgrowth trees or shrubs, broken branches or twigs fall on driveways, walkways and even the common child’s play areas.
With that, proper pruning also restricts vermin, pests and other small creatures by limiting their habitual options.
Types Of Pruning You Should Look To Adopt As Per Landscaping Experts!
After being clear about the perks of proper pruning, notable landscape contractors serving the Sutherland Shire region recommend including these pruning practices for quality results.
- Cleaning- It includes removing branches or plant parts dead or diseased.
- Raising- This involves removing dead or diseased branches from the lower part of the crown. And it prevents proper clearance for pedestrians and vehicles.
- Thinning-It involves removing selected branches from the trunk or lateral part of the plant. This increases light and air movement through the crown and reduces weight on those heavy branches.
- Reduction- Using appropriate pruning cuts, it involves cutting smaller to bigger lateral branches and helps control the height and spread of trees or shrubs.
If you want your property plants to appear healthy and visually appealing, prune properly and frequently using the right tools. You can use this aforementioned guide to help you achieve quality results.
However, if it’s too much for you to handle, then hire quality garden maintenance specialists serving Sutherland Shire to do it on your behalf.