Bodyguard Infusion Pumps are highly sensitive gadgets. Thus, they need to be maintained with utmost care and perfection if you want to see them performing perfectly and precisely in the way they ought to. This you need to have an idea of how to maintain it if by any chance you have to carry it along with you while getting on with your daily chores.
You need to follow the strictures of maintenance religiously: When it comes to using the Bodyguard 545 pumps, you need to be perfect. In other words, you need to use the pump exactly as per the instructions from the manufacturers. Even the slightest aberration will be a reason enough for the pump to malfunction, compelling you to take it for repairs. Again, you will not find the names that carry out Bodyguard 545 repairs that easily. You need to do a lot of research for that. So you see, to be on the safer side, you need to be careful while handling the gadget.
What handling with care mean?
When it comes to handling the Bodyguard 575 pumps, you need to maintain the following strictures…
- Store the pump at a freezing temperature, at 0oC. Do not leave it in direct sunlight, or keep it exposed to a temperature in the excess of 40°C.
- The accessories of the pump along with the extra supplies need to be stored in a cool, dry place when it is not used.
- NEVER EVER alter the settings and the program without the instruction of your doctor or health care personnel. Doing this may turn out to be fatal and can even lead to the death of the recipient of medication through the pump.
- You can clean the pump by wiping the surface using a slightly damp, and lint-free piece of cloth dipped in a 1:10 bleach solution.
- You should NEVER EVER drop the pump or bang it strongly against a hard surface. Remember, these instruments are extremely delicate and are calibrated very sensibly to work perfectly. The blow will send the calibration up for a toss. You will have to take it to the experts who are in the repair of Bodyguard 575 and other models of infusion syringe pumps.
- Do not put the pump in the water. That is the reason if you are undertaking intrathecal medication and thus carrying the pump always, refrain from bathing, swimming, taking a sauna bath or using a spa pool.
- You need to ensure that you recharge the pump on a daily basis to make sure it never runs out of battery power.
Thus you see, when it comes to using the Bodyguard 545 and 575 syringe pumps you need to be careful enough, to keep repairs at minimal.