In this day and age when the job market is so competitive, every small details matter and that’s precisely the reason why job internships have become all the more prominent these days. However strange it might sound, but there are still many people who still don’t know what internships are all about.
Well, an internship is:-
- A work experience which is structured around a student’s career goals or major
- An experience which invariably would enhance the personal development and academic career of a student
- Usually supervised by an industry expert
- An experience which can either be for one academic year (spring, summer, fall) or multiple ones
- Part-time or full-time, paid or unpaid
- An experience which is predominantly agreed upon by the student, faculty manager and supervisor mutually
- Not necessarily a situation where a student has to hold a position qualified as “internship”. Most volunteer opportunities, part-time jobs or even summer jobs can qualify as internships.
Benefits of an internship
One of the recurring themes that most freshers face is the lack of relevant experience. “Where do I get the experience if no one is hiring me? Well, the answer is quite simple – get a job internship in Brisbane. Some of the most evident benefits of internships are:-
- Learn about a career from the inside and decide for yourself if its right for you or not
- Work with an expert in your chosen career field
- Observe the workplace and ascertain whether it matches your expectations or not
Skill Development and Leadership
- Develop new skills and enhance your knowledge base along with gaining self-confidence in your abilities
- Opportunity to develop your teamwork and communication skills
- Opportunity to showcase the fact that you are reliable and have a sense of responsibility.
- Achieve a sense of accomplishment by contributing in any which way to an organisation
Establishing and Networking References and Mentors
- Meet new people from all spheres of life and develop a network of professional contacts and references
- Open the doors for relevant advice on the next steps to take on your career path
- Create an advantage over other job applicants
- Gain valuable experience to add to your resume and enhance your applications.
- Potential to get a full-time job at the end of the internship.
So these are some of the benefits you can enjoy in internship and taking this in mind most recruitment services in Brisbane are now focusing on polling the highest number of internship opportunities for students.