Left at the roadside with a broken-down car? Well, this nothing new and this can happen to anyone for a number of different reasons. And nobody wants to be in such a situation. Even most car owners aren’t prepared to face such emergencies. In this case, roadside assistance can help you, but it is necessary to know the things to do while waiting for help to arrive.
- Move Away From the Busy Road: Major highways run with a speed limit of 65 miles per hour. If you got stuck in the middle of the road, set your vehicle aside by pushing it. Else, it will be open to the risk of being dodged by the other vehicles, due to late decision-making skills. Hence, before a car towing service in Melbourne arrives for your help, take the car away from the busy road as soon as possible.
- Ensure You’re Visible: Moving the car to the side doesn’t mean other road users are aware of your situation. Hence, make others understand your situation by turning the hazard lights on. Even, it is better if you take your early warning device and place it a few feet away from the front and back of the car. It will warn other road users to drive slowly and avoid any collision.
- Get Your Emergency Kit Ready: You are strongly recommended to have an emergency kit in your car or heavy-duty vehicle. Before tow truck service in Melbourne reach, an emergency kit will be handy with the supply of water, blankets, protein bars, wipes, plastic bags, and tissues.
- Stay Alert: Even if you’re visible on the side of the road, nothing can beat the alertness. Be watchful to approaching vehicles, stay inside your car make sure other passengers in the vehicle have appropriate seat belts on them all the time.
- Be Wary of Strangers: While waiting for roadside assistance, you may find there are many passing you. However, always be alert and be wary of those who approach you. The kindness from strangers sounds good, but they may not necessarily have good intentions. So, be cautious and respectful while refusing help from strangers.
Lastly, be patient enough not to go out of your car from time to time. You must stay calm and sit inside the car until you get help. By following these few tips, you will rest assured that nothing can harm you.