“Ever heard of bulging discs..?”
Well, it is regarded as a contained disc disorder- mainly the tough outer layer of cartilage between your vertebrae which hasn’t completely open. These discs protrude into the spinal cord without breaking open or causing pain. Rather a small bubble comes out remaining attached to the disc.
Bulging is regarded as a part of the normal aging process of the disc making bulging discs a regular spinal injury. Such bulging discs can relatively stay pain-free and undetected until it is twisted in the wrong direction. Other reasons may include lifting the wrong-sized object, coughing or sneezing excessively. And then the excruciating pain follows which may diminish a wide range of motions and even lead to organ dysfunctioning.
Sounds terrible... doesn’t it?
But don’t worry. The fortunate news is that such acute bulge discs can heal itself over sufficient time and with the care of a qualified chiropractor in Brisbane, they can help speed up the healing more effectively.
Common Symptoms Of Bulge Disc:-
- Tingling in the legs.
- Weakness in the muscle region.
- Extreme numbness.
- Changes in the bowel function and bladder.
- A feeling of pain when moving the neck.
- And the radiating ache in the limbs.
Bulging Disc Treatments:-
A best-in-class chiropractor be it in Brisbane (or elsewhere) will inspect the whole spine, but only the whole area affected by the bulging disc. In this way; they determine if there are any existing joint dysfunction or restriction along the spine or in the body- which is causing strain and stress on the disc.
They even use adjustment approaches which specifically focus on the joint restriction, dysfunction and relieving symptoms and getting the body to function as it should.
With That, They Also Suggest Doing These:-
- They will suggest you reduce extreme bending, lifting, twisting or even sitting for too long.
- They will advise sleeping on the backside with the knees propped upwards (or even on your side) with possibly a pillow between them. It is known to reduce stress on the bulged discs.
- They will even recommend you some yoga or pilates routine for your abdominal leg muscles to prevent excessive twisting, bending or stooping.
These chiropractic care for bulging discs are effective and safe. And so if you are suffering from a bad backache (possibly believing it to be a bulged disc), then it would be a good idea to find a qualified chiro practitioner in Brisbane and schedule an appointment soon!