“The Shoes maketh the man” goes the popular saying. And this is something that is so true. Your shoes represent your personality, and it is for this reason that after purchasing your favourite pair from a reputed shoes store in Melbourne you should try and store it properly so that they remain wearable for quite a long period.
Shoes should be shielded from water, dust and sun, so they don’t fade or warp while they’re in the storage. Ensure you don’t stack them or toss them in a pile since this can make them get deformed and lose its original shape. Store your shoes in their original boxes that will keep them looking brand new for a long period. Below are enlisted some of the tips that will help you store the shoes in the best possible way.
- Sort them On the Basis of Season and Purpose – Previously if you have been tossing around all your formal, casual shoes as well as boots, it is an ideal opportunity to sort your shoes. Sorting them on the basis of purpose and season will help your closet stay organised and restore your shoes to an excellent condition for many days to come.
- Try to store your winter boots and other winter shoes in the similar place.
- Group your practice shoes and exercise shoes together.
- Group flip flops, sandals and other casual shoes together.
- Clean the Shoes – Storing the shoes that have residues like dust and dirt could degrade the material that the shoes are made of over time. This is particularly valid for shoes made of suede or leather. All shoes benefit from being tidied up before you store them. Even if you’re storing your shoes for the night, and you’re anticipating wearing them again the next day, it’s a smart choice to clean them before you put them away. Give them a chance to dry before storing.
- Clean canvas shoes by using soapy water to clean the stains. Otherwise, you can simply brush them away.
- Wash plastic shoes with water and soap.
- Clean the suede and the leather shoes by brushing off the dirt and dust with a delicate, non-scratchy brush. Utilise an exclusive suede or leather cleaner to do away with the stains.
- Locate A Dull And Temperature-Controlled Storage Room – Shoes stay in their best condition when they’re not exposed to a lot of hot or cold temperatures or sunlight. The most preferred place to store shoes is in a cool, dark closet that doesn’t get too stuffy or hot. If you don’t have enough room in your storage room, you could store them on your bedroom wall or under your bed. This way you have to take them less for Melbourne shoe repairs and your shoes will also last long. Don’t store shoes in the garage, basement or other areas that may get too hot in the summers and too cold in the winters. The fibres the shoes are constructed of break down over time during these conditions.
The above are some of the ways in which you can store your shoes so that you can wear them for a long time to come.