If you’re among those who believe that a sports massage therapy is meant for marathon sprinters, elite sportsperson or gym bunnies- then you need to think again! And to help you do that, this post will educate you on this fact better.
“Sports Massage is Not Only For Athletes Or Sportspersons.”
Sports massage mainly focuses on those areas of the body, which are over-stressed or over-used by reoccurring, and aggressive movements. It is a wonderful way to help individuals suffering from unexplained pains and aches- regardless of their lifestyle!
In other words, this is also applicable to:-
Individuals who have an 8–9 hour desk job every day. Parents who run around after their kids. And even individuals who are active business owners who have to travel a lot to meet all their various responsibilities.
This form of massage includes a wide variety of massaging techniques applied in a proper rhythmic and manipulative manner. Other than primarily helping athletes prepare for the big game, this massage also alleviates pain, reduces muscular tension and betters flexibility in non-athletic people.
Some other benefits of a sports massage for all types of individuals include as follows:-
- Improvements in body posture.
- Relief from headaches resulting due to tension or stress.
- An increased sense of well-being.
- Reduced muscle spasms.
- Decrease in neurological excitability (a condition when the nerves become more excited than usual).
- Better circulation of blood.
- Reduced recovery time when the body undergoes excessive or strenuous movements.
- Elimination of lactic acid and other waste products in your body.
So, the bottom line is, whether you are Usain Bolt or Kevin Smith from the accounting team, a sports massage will help reduce all muscular tension and give you the relief you want.
Finding The Right Massage Centre For Your Sports Massage:-
Perhaps the most important thing to keep in mind when opting for sports massage therapy in Perth is choosing the right centre. And you can do that by checking:-
- The experience of their therapists who will be in charge of your session.
- Their accreditation as per the AAMT or the Australian Association of Massage Therapists
- Whether their sports massage therapist uses appropriate techniques tailored to your body needs.
- And if that centre enjoys a good reputation, both in the region and in the eyes of their previous clients.
In addition to that, another point that’s worth checking out is their rates. You don’t want to pay more than needed and so check if their sports massage rates adhere to the industry standard rates or not.