One of the immediate impacts of employee theft is financial loss. Therefore, it is necessary to take essential precautions to prevent it.
Here are some guidelines you should follow:
- Know your staff: You need to have detailed information about your employees and their background. At first, you should check whether they take any sudden decision or not. It is also necessary to have an idea about the salary, designation, and lifestyle of your employees. If you find anything unnatural or compulsive gambling, you should talk to him.
- Do monitor your employees closely: If you do not supervise your staff properly, the rate of employee theft can be increased. It allows the staff to do fraudulent. However, you do not need to suspect anyone without having full proof. Otherwise, you violate ethical principles. Better, you should monitor your staff wisely, so that they do not get the trace of your supervision.
- Track the cash drawer every day: Though your workplace is the under-coverage of security cameras, however, you need to do your work properly. It can help to prevent employee theft. You should have knowledge of account details. The expert of investigation services in Sydney recommend that you require to track the transactions and check cash account every day.
- Start the buddy system: It is difficult for you to monitor all of the activities your staff. Better start the buddy system and ask the respective manager to supervise their buddies. If you find anything uncanny, you can report to your head. The head buddy does not allow his buddies to bring out any official documents outside of the office.
- Limit the accessibility: Do not trust anyone of your staff blindly. You should not give access to your cash account to your staff. Better you take precautions for preventing employee theft. You should maintain the piracy on your essential data so that the official documents can be kept confidential. You should need to block the access of your staff on cloud storage. If any of your staff try to hack the online account, you must terminate him.
You need to conduct an unannounced internal audit every week under the supervision of the security guards in Sydney. In addition, you should arrange the yearly audit outside of the organization.
If you follow the employee theft prevention policy, you can protect your firm from financial loss. Do you still feel worried, you can call the professionals for help.