“Keeping carpets clean and sanitised is an integral part of your family health. But many homeowners aren’t aware of what chemicals exist in their cleaning solutions.”
This post throws light into this all-to-serious matter!
“Some Carpet Chemicals Should Not Be Inside Homes!”
Toxic residue is always dangerous inside your homes, especially since they can wind up anywhere in your home by the transference of shoes, socks, bare-footed or even by dropping something potentially dirty.
Another cause of concern is that pets often tend to lick their carpets, therefore taking in all toxicity, dirt and filth that exists deep down into the surface. And that leads to a whole different set of complications.
A Look Into Those Riskiest Chemicals:-
- Propane, Butane & Isobutane
- Glycol Ethers
- Sodium Carbonate
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Hydrofluoric acid
These chemicals have known to cause irritation, rashes when either breathed in or getting in contact with the skin. The potential for such chemical interactions is more in very old carpets (likely which haven’t been cleaned in years or done inappropriately using different chemical components over the years).
Risks For Your Kids & Pets:
Each of these aforementioned chemicals is like ticking time bombs for your pets and family members.
And Some Of Those Potential Risks That It May Cause Are As Follows:-
- Ammonia is known to cause symptoms of aggravating asthma and mucous membrane.
- Formaldehyde is another important ingredient found in pet shampoos and soaps.
- Glycol ethers, which is present in so many cleaning products such as glass cleaners are found to be connected to kidney failures, amenia and even lung damage in both pets and your family members.
- Findings have also stated that cleaning solutions which incorporate Pine-Sol generate vapours are known to prove dangerous to the pets and the even elderly members of the household.
What To Watch Out For In Your Professional Cleaning Solution?
Believe it or not, but a lot of unreliable carpet cleaning service providers use harmful chemical components in their cleaning solutions which are known to cause issues both your pets and family.
Some Of Those Risky Chemical Components Include:-
- Naphthalene- It is derived from coal tar and is often employed for liver damage, nerve damage, mental confusion and vomiting.
- Butoxy Ethanol- This is known to cause kidney damage- when accidentally inhaled or getting into contact with it.
- Perchloroethylene- It can cause headaches, skin inflammation, drowsiness and nausea.
- Nitriloytriacetic acid with hydrofluoric acid- They can cause the skin and the eyes your pet and people to burn. Plus, long-term (or too-much exposure) can lead to mucous membrane, skin irritation and even blindness.
So, before capping off; one sound word of advice would be to check for such risky chemical components with your chosen best-in-class cleaning company in Melbourne and find out.
Top-shelf cleaning companies will never use harsh chemicals in their so-called best-in-class carpet stain removal treatments in the region. If anything, they make use of hot-water extraction methods and dry cleaning
techniques to ensure their client’s carpets are cleaned comprehensively without discolouration or fabric damage.
If you want a good place to start, feel free to check out “Clean House Melbourne.”